You are hereBlogs / Want to Take CNA Classes? Here’s How to Get CNA Training to Meet Your Needs
Want to Take CNA Classes? Here’s How to Get CNA Training to Meet Your Needs
Do you want to become a certified nursing assistant? Having trouble finding classes? CNA classes give you the training and certification to achieve your goal.
• Hospitals in your area are the best places to look for CNA classes, as they are sure to offer a training program at some point during the year. Just inquire at the information desk. Hospitals are always searching for additional CNA's, as they tend to be few in number. The hospital is also the best place to look because most of them offer CNA classes. If they don’t offer training, there’s a good chance they can refer you to a local training program.
• The Internet is another easy way to look for CNA classes. A simple search of the major directories can quickly help you find classes in your area.
• If these methods don’t work then you should go to a senior citizen’s home or retirement community. There is typically one in each city. Larger cities will have larger communities, while small towns tend to have smaller retirement homes, but whatever the size, they’re sure to need assistance. If the community is large enough, they’re likely to offer CNA classes.
• The Red Cross offers a national course based on the CNA Nursing Assistant program. The length of the program varies from state to state. When you are taking the Red Cross CNA classes you will be required to take both a written and a skills exam. These exams altogether consist of a 5½ hour test. You will receive your CNA certification on completion of the course.
• If you still can’t find any CNA classes then you should head to your local college or university to see if they offer the class or can direct you to someone that does. This would usually be your last option as there isn't any direct patient contact. Certified nursing assistant classes typically cost a few hundred dollars.