You are hereBlogs / Getting Your Certificate from the CNA Registry
Getting Your Certificate from the CNA Registry
Certified nursing assistants are essential components of the healthcare industry. They help persons in homes and long-term care facilities with day-to-day activities under the direction of an LPN, RN or doctor. The CNA registry in your state of residence is responsible for giving certificates to certified nurse assistants, once they meet the criteria. As a CNA you must have a high school diploma and some practical experience in the workplace. You will also be required to pass the CNA exam.
It’s easy to find and contact your CNA registry if you need a copy of your certificate. You will need your social security number or your CNA certification number.
1. Find the street address and telephone information for the CNA registry your state of residence.
2. Check the website of your CNA registry. Nebraska and some other states permit you to confirm your documentation online, assuming confirmation is all you’re looking for.
3. Go to the CNA registry office if it’s in driving distance. You would only need to do this if you can’t get confirmation online. Call the registry's main telephone number if the office is too far away for you to visit. In most cases you’ll reach a computerized system when you call. Ensure that you have your certification number and other pertinent information handy. Your social security number should be adequate if you don’t have your certification number. Go through all of the prompts until you get the option to obtain your CNA certificate. Each state will have different prompts.
4. Ensure you have a credit card nearby. There will typically be a charge associated with receiving a copy of your official certificate. These charges will vary from state to state.
5. Enter all of the information that the prompts ask for once you are given the option to get a copy of your certification. The computerized system will let you know when to look out for your copy in the mail. It should take around two weeks to get there. Ensure you plan according to this timeframe if your certificate is needed by a certain date.