You are hereBlogs / CNA Verification Process
CNA Verification Process
It takes approximately a month to six months to complete a course to be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Upon completing the course, one has to take an examination to become a certified CNA. Once one passes the course and the licensing exam, a license number is given that permits one to work autonomously in a nursing home or a hospital as a nursing assistant. Other opportunities also wait such as becoming a freelance private nursing attendant. Most often, due to busy circumstances or the advent of time, one may forget that licenses also have expiration dates are to be renewed. It happens many times when one forgets that his/her license has already lapsed while still working.
The Process for CAN Verification
There is a process in verifying CAN license, be it online or personally. The same process is used to get a copy of the CNA certificate and license to ensure that it is valid and up-to-date.
• Get the addresses and telephone number of the local state CNA licensing authority and registry office. One can do this by logging on the Nurses Aide Registry and putting in one’s state name in the search engine. This will help provide local addresses and telephone numbers that are useful.
• Confirm states registry site for online registration. States like California by now have an online verification system that facilitates and provides information regarding the status of one’s certification and license online. A few states may not have the facility for the moment so there will be a need to get in touch with that local state registry office individually.
• When visiting the registry office, be certain that one is brining the essentials in licensing information such as: certification number, license number and date of issue, etc. A Social Security Number should be sufficient if the following items are not available since it is registered together with the license number upon its issuance. Nearly all local registry offices will also have an automatic system that will direct easily towards the alternatives.
• A minimal fee for the verification process is usually collected. The precise amount may differ from state to state.
• There are two choices for getting hold of a true copy of your certificate and license. The certificate may be posted to one’s home address and will take two weeks to reach its destination. It can also be emailed upon request. Its best to choose for the printed hard copy as it will bear the original seal of the licensing authority on it when it comes by post.
• One can also make sure the standing of one’s license with an autonomous group just as an employer would be doing with one’s certificate when one submits it for a job application.
Please do make certain to get in touch with the specific state where one completed one’s licensing and certification from. Other states will not carry information unless one had it have had it transferred specifically.